9-D-9 is an odor control product used primarily to eliminate smoke odor. 9-D-9 is a blend of odor control counteractants, solvents and detergents that reduce the spread of odor causing molecules into the atmosphere. 9-D-9 also contains surfactants that help it penetrate into odor damaged surfaces. The surfactants help 9-D-9 disperse when it is used as an odor control additive in water based cleaning solutions. When applied to porous or absorbent materials, the solvents in ready-to-use (RTU) solutions of 9-D-9 vaporize and dry rapidly thus promoting the desorption of smoky malodors from treated surfaces.
- Direct contact with contaminated surfaces provides an initial reduction of strong, objectionable odors.
- Detoxifies smoke- and fire-damaged job sites.
- Inhibits the evaporation of toxic fire-related vapors.
- Apply with a compression sprayer or an airless paint sprayer only. Do not use with a fogger.
- May be added to other water-based cleaning solutions to increase their effectiveness.
9-D-9 is used in three different applications:
- Suppression spraying for immediate knockdown of odor. Suppression spraying is the first step in the Unsmoke® 3-Step Odor Removal Process. See below* for a summary of this system.
- As an additive to water-based cleaning solutions
- As an additive to Unsoot #1 in deodorizing presealers. In this application, the presealer is applied to surfaces that might otherwise be a source of secondary soot contamination such as charred framing. The addition of 9-D-9 provides enhanced odor control.
Case of 4 Gallons.
ODORx 9-D-9 | Smoke Odor Counteractant & Deodorant Additive